Everyone has heard that with age comes wisdom. I would modify that to say, for me, with age comes acceptance. Perhaps that is a kind of wisdom. Here is my top five list of acceptances:
I accept that:
- I have significantly less control over what happens in the world than I thought I did at sixteen. In fact, I think control is not as cool as everyone makes it out to be.
- My weight will never again be 120 lbs and to stop setting that as a reasonable goal.
- I have run out of time to be a great dancer, actress, and/or musician/songwriter. These were all dreams of mine, as well as being a writer. Some time ago (probably around that magical age of 28) I decided that my pursuit of those things in my youth had to remain as youthful memories. In the end, I only had the energy and passion to pursue one consistently--writing.
- Life is all about embracing change. Things in my life have changed multiple times--homes, careers, love, combinations of friends and relatives. It is hard to let go, but the changes always brought great blessings.
- I can always learn something new. Life is learning and I will continue to learn until I die, and maybe even after--who knows?
In celebration of my 60th birthday, I'm giving away a free fiction ebook of your choice. How do you get one? Look at the descriptions linked below, then fill out the form and click the SUBMIT button. Your book in the right format will be sent within 24 hours. Please only one book per individual.
Chameleon: The Awakening
Chameleon: The Choosing