Monday, October 29, 2012

Shameless Self Promotion

Warning!  For the next two months I will be engaging in shameless self-promotion via a wonderful virtual book tour arranged by Goddess Fish Promotions.  It begins with a Super Book Blast for one day.  It officially starts tomorrow when 43 bloggers will post information about Healing Notes.  I have to admit, I feel like the trumpets are blaring and I should be dressed in my best Cinderella outfit and walking down the stairs to meet my prince.

For a girl who was raised to never tout her own accomplishments it is both scary and exciting to be putting myself out there a gazillion times.  However uncomfortable it makes me feel, I've learned that it is the best way for readers to find out my book exists. It's hard to get noticed among the over 300,000 books published each year. Even though my family thinks I'm the best writer in the world, I also want to get my stories read by thousands of people who don't know me.

As any good girl who was taught to always please others first, I assuage my guilt for bragging about the release by offering prizes to blog followers. Some would call this bribery. I prefer to use the politically correct corporate word "incentives."  Anyway, whatever you call it, you get a chance for swag or actual moolah for dropping by and saying Hi.  At each step along the way I will be offering the following prizes.
  1. An autographed cover flat of Healing Notes will be awarded to one randomly drawn commenter at each stop. 
  2. An entry for a $25 gift card to the online bookseller of your choice will be put in the pot for one randomly selected grand prize winner at the end of the tour.  Drawing for the Book Blast tour will be made on Friday. 
So, how do you up your chances to win? The more times you stop and comment, the more chances you get.  The way the grand prize is figured is if you stop and comment at all 43 Book Blast blogs then you will be entered 43 times.  Believe me the lottery has nothing on these odds. :)

Wonder where all these marvelous 43 blogs are located?  Go to my website where I have them listed with links to each site.  Easy to navigate to each blog and say "Hi Maggie, I'm here just for the prize. Have fun on your tour." Of course, feel free to vary your comments from the above.

If somehow you see this blog too late and don't get on the action tomorrow or the next day, do not give up. I will be the promoting queen several times over the next two months. Yes, you will get tired of me, but please be patient and just laugh. Okay?

After the book blast tomorrow it will get even more interesting. The first two weeks of November, bloggers will actually be reviewing my book (gulp!).  Yes, they will be providing honest, unpaid reviews of Healing Notes. So, you can start lining up on Team Amazing Book or Team Crap Book following each review.  I figure, it's all good feedback. (Okay, not really, but I have to say that because crying in public is so not my cup of tea.)

The final leg of this shameless self-promotion will be interviews and guest posts every Monday from mid-November through the end of January.  By then my hope is that if you haven't been convinced that this is the book for you, you will buy it anyway just to stop me from promoting it anymore.

So, let's see how long you can last. Want to end the pain early? Buy early. Yes, I have been reduced to threats at this point.

Geesh, I am so not following the marketers guide to good salesmanship here. I better shut up before I create blog stalkers with virtual paint guns.

 Happy blog commenting!

8 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I can so relate, Maggie! I have a hard time tooting my own horn when a book comes out and that's why I like blog tours because I can talk about stuff related to my book and give people a chance at prizes for reading my posts. I look forward to having you on my blog tomorrow and hope you'll stop at one of my stops when my blog tour kicks off on Nov. 4th.
Good luck and have fun!

TeriBrownwrites said...

I sympathize. It really makes me cringe to promote, but it's part of the business.
Teri

ceagles said...

This looks great. I'm going to do my best to hit every blog on the tour today. ;) I just finished the Howllween one yesterday.

Chris
ceagles48218@yahoo.com

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

Globs of promotion can be awkward, but sometimes you meet great reader peeps along the way. That makes it easier. Especially when the contest winner is someone you 'saw' almost every day for a month!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

LOL, Maggie! I so much relate to being uncomfortable blowing my own horn, but I'm glad you're stepping into promotion--and in a big way. I'll be watching. :)

Maggie Jaimeson said...

Thanks for all the wonderful empathy! I knew my writer peeps would completely understand. I made the rounds this morning and there were already some early risers making comments, so that made me feel good. There was even a gratis review which was positive. So, I seeded each of the blogs with a question and now I'm heading back out to see if others have stopped by.

Of course, I LOVE talking with readers. They are why I write. And the response and reply part works for me because it's more like talking one-on-one. I can't wait to giveaway prizes too. It makes me feel like Santa Claus. :) Thanks again all. And a SPECIAL thanks to Chris (ceagles) who said she'd try to hit all of them today. I'll be looking for you. With 43 chances a the gift card, I'd say you might be stuffing the random generator. :)

Carrie said...

I'm one of the people who is reviewing your book during November. I really enjoyed it. Is the fist book in the series on Amazon? I'd love to get a copy :)

Maggie Jaimeson said...

Carrie, you've made my day. Yes, the first book in the series is UNDERTONES. It is available at Amazon, B&N, Kobo, iBook, and Google Play in ebook. It is available at Amazon and Jan's Paperbacks in print. All links are on my website at http://maggiejaimeson.com/undertones.html