Sunday, January 6, 2013

Resolve 2013: Take a Little Vacation Every Day


This Resolution tour has been lots of fun and I'm actually enjoying reading all of the advice from the other authors--not only on my own resolution but also on theirs.  Today I am at Cathryn Cade's blog talking about how to make time for those OTHER creative passions.

Please welcome Linda Mercury to my blog today as she provides me with some advice to meet my resolution to "Take a Vacation."  Linda is one of those people who understand serendipity and seems to have no problem taking advantage of it.  I really admire that type of freedom of thought and experience.

Resolve 2013: Take a Little Vacation Every Day

Linda Mercury

I think we all need to take a little vacation every day. It doesn't have to be a big deal; after all, very few people can afford a trip to Hawaii when things get weird.  In reality, it might be as standard as sweet and slow licks of ice cream, or as secret as ten easy breaths over your keyboard, imagining the relaxing scent of coconut sun tan lotion wafting to your nostrils.

To sum up, I believe the great sages of the twentieth century said it best:

"You've got to live like you're on vacation."  --KISS from the song Lick it Up

Contact Linda: Facebook | Twitter | GoodReads

Be sure to support Linda by becoming her FAN on Goodreads


About Linda's Books


The first two books in Her Blood Wings series from eKensington are available now, and you can pre-order the third book, Dracula UnleashedWarning: They are hot, hot, hot.


Buy Links:  Barnes and Noble | Amazon | Kobo | iBooks


THE RESOLUTION TOUR - January 1 - 9, 2013



5 comments:

pollidog said...

I guess walking the dog every day is sort of mini-vacation for me.

Paty Jager said...

I agree, if you take a little "vacation" every day your day is brighter and your life feels fuller. Great advice!

Jessa Slade said...

My XY sometimes complains about my chocolate budget. I'll tell him he can take me to Hawaii instead :)

Jessie said...

Imagining a great vacation is much cheaper :-)

Maggie Jaimeson said...

I love your last line, Linda: "You've got to live like you're on vacation." Now if I can just put it into practice.