Saturday, January 5, 2013

Resolve 2013: Vacation Dreaming


I'm at Cassiel Knight's site talking about procrastination today.  So, please welcome Jenna Bayley-Burke to my blog. She is doing a guest post today to help me with my resolution to "Take a Vacation."  Jenna writes fun contemporary romances. I've loved her books since she began publishing with Harlequin Mills and Boon and then I followed her to Samhain where she has a made a good home for many titles.  I'm sure she will have good advice for me to accomplish this resolution.

Resolve 2013 : Take a Vacation


I have a list of vacations I want to take. The list gets longer every year as I read about new places or hear about glorious adventures friends have had. I even have subcategories to this list – one for me and one for family vacations. I’m serious about my vacation dreaming…I even have a Pinterest board of Places I’ll Go.

Kids are a great excuse to get away. There are so many things for their young minds to see and experience – National parks, big cities, amusement parks. And taking a break from the intensity of parenting is a must too. I love to head to the grown-up playground of Las Vegas, or even head downtown in my own city to play tourist.

Now, wanting a vacation is all well and good, but actually packing your suitcase, scheduling the time away, and laying down your Visa is another matter entirely. And if you haven’t gotten away in a while, jumping headlong into a round-the-world cruise could be more frustrating than relaxing. Find something you’ve always wanted to do, set a budget for it, and work the timeframe from there.

A favorite time suck of mine is to check airfare on places I’m looking to travel to. That way I know the average price and when there is a true deal. Because there is nothing like a bargain to tip the scales in favor of laying down your Visa and taking that vacation you’ve always wanted to.

Find Jenna : Website | GoodReads | Facebook | Twitter | Blog| Pinterest  

Please support Jenna by becoming her FAN on  GoodReads

About The Book 

Her book, Drive Me Crazy, is the perfect vacation-related book too.  Here's the blurb.


The quickest way to love isn’t always a straight line.

This was supposed to be Xavier Moreau’s long-awaited vacation. A few precious weeks away from his over-scheduled career to see the America his mother loved and still make it to his best friend’s wedding in time. Instead, he’s ferrying the bridezilla’s sister to the nuptials. The luscious Jaime Cruz makes his mouth water, but her near-frenzy to get to Oregon now would scrape on his last nerve—if he didn’t sense that she needs the break as much as he does. 

Fresh off a teaching assignment in D.C., Jaime’s white-knuckling it. She’s got only three weeks to get home, find a job and a place to live, and ensure her sister’s big day comes off without a hitch. Except Xavier tosses her three-days-or-bust itinerary out the window. Even more annoying, Jaime finds herself succumbing to his relentless determination to make sure she enjoys every minute of the trip. And falling under the spell of his sizzling touch. 

Three weeks and three thousand miles later, Jaime’s feet are on home ground, but her heart is pulling her in a completely unexpected direction. Toward Xavier and a new journey that will require the ultimate leap of faith. 

Buy Links:  Samhain Publishing | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | eBookMall



THE RESOLUTION TOUR - January 1 - 9, 2013



7 comments:

TeriBrownwrites said...

A pinterest board for vacations? Awesome!

jamie said...

I like the cruising around to check airfares. Tempting stuff.
I'd worry I'd actually book one. I did that once. Told my husband when he got home :)

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

If you Pinterest, You should have a vacation board :D And a recipe board. And a funnies board... Pinterest much?

Jaime - I've never actually booked anything without the Hubster. Almost booked a Disney trip last month, but so glad he talked me out of it. Not the Disney part, but we're having some uncertainty here and wouldn't have enjoyed it the way we will later.

Thanks for having me over Maggie, and being your sweet, generous self. Love ya. Smooch!

Maggie Jaimeson said...

I love this whole dreaming part. It is something I do pretty well. :) For me the dreaming is half the fun. Finding a way to make it happen--even in tough times--then makes the vacation that much sweeter. I'm not a patient/waiting kind of person, but I am capable of it when forced. My husband keeps me grounded too when the dreams get out of control. :)

Jessie said...

Your pinterest board is awesome!
I love the tree houses in Oregon... perhaps a future writing retreat :-)

Jessa Slade said...

I love the idea of having pictures of places I'd like to go. Scientists of such things say that the anticipation of reward is often as good as the reward itself. My guess is that scientists have a lot of calendars of tropical islands too :)

Collette Cameron said...

I love the idea of a Pinteret board for the places you'll go. Hmmm, I may have to borrow that idea. . .