Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sunshine Award

Today I'm participating in a meme called the Sunshine Award.  How perfect that it is presented to me on a sunny day. In fact, the entire weekend is planned for sunshine. Thank you, very much, to Paty Jager for awarding my blog with this lovely flower!


The Sunshine Award is a lovely sunny flower that bloggers give to other “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. They don't have to be authors, though I admit most of my friends are authors--even if they don't blog about their writing.

There are rules....

(1) Thank the person who gave you the award in your blog post. 

(2) Do the Q&A
(3) Pass on the award to 10-12 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.

Here are the fun questions:

Favorite Color: Green! Always has been. I love the color of nature. I have it on walls in my house and it is my favorite color to wear.
Favorite Animal: Owl. Fell for the whole "wise" thing when I was young. Plus they look pretty weird, but when they fly--magnificent.
Favorite Number: 5. I have no idea why, but it's been my number as long as I can remember. 
Favorite Non-alcoholic Drink: Water.  Yeah, I know, pretty boring.  But it is what I drink all day long and let's face it, without water we'd be in a pretty sorry state.
Facebook or Twitter:  Facebook hands down. Though I enjoy twitter, I still struggle to say anything pithy in only 140 characters.  And you know, you have to be pithy, right?Or is it pity? :)
Your Passion: Writing stories that have a positive message while providing entertainment. And if they can help others to see themselves as wonderful, uniquely lovable human beings all the better. 
Giving or getting presents: Yes! Oh, you mean I have to choose? Actually I prefer giving presents, though my presents tend to be services rather than purchasing things.  I'm not a good shopper for me or anyone else. But I love providing a service or doing something for someone else that I know they want or need.
Favorite Day: Wednesday, because it is the middle of the week. I tend to have my weekends over-scheduled. The beginning of the week is always crazy because I load up on my to-do list. The end of the week is always crazy because I'm trying to make it my done-list. Somehow on Wednesdays I feel free to step back and take a moment--not lots of moments, but a few more than any other day of the week.
Favorite Flowers: Dahlias. I never knew about Dahlias until 13 years ago when we moved to Oregon. While building our house on Mt. Hood, we temporarily lived next store to a woman who was a Master Dahlia Gardner. The varieties and types of Dahlias are amazing. They also last a long time when cut and put in a vase. 

I'd like to pass the award on to the following wonderful writers. Each of them are the kind of people who help others, who provide access to the "secrets" of writing, who love their readers and fans, and I personally read each of their blogs.  I'm not sure when/if they will accept the award.  But I hope you will visit them and see how fun it is to hear about their daily lives, the books they are writing, or their process.




2 comments:

Collette Cameron said...

This is so fun!
I'm doing it next week.
Thanks for thinking of me Maggie.
Collette

Terri Reed said...

Thank you Maggie. You're so sweet to think of me. I'll pass on the love in the next few days.