Friday, August 2, 2013

I'm a Grandma! I'm a Grandma!

Our first grandchild was born yesterday at 12:05pm, in Alexandria, Virginia.  A healthy baby boy weighing8 lbs 2 ozs.

I am gobsmacked!  I was never able to have children of my own and, in my 40's, had given up on the idea of having children or grandchildren. But when I met and married my husband, I had the joy of also getting two step-sons in high school.

So, not only did I have the opportunity to help raise two wonderful young men, but now I am blessed with a grandchild as well.

Life has a beautiful way of working out.  I will get to greet the new baby in October, when we travel east for our younger son's wedding.  I can hardly wait!

5 comments:

terri patrick said...

Congratulations! Enjoy every picture and anticipate those wonderful hugs soon.

Maggie Jaimeson said...

Thank you, Terri! I am so excited I can barely sleep with anticipation of getting to meet this new addition to the family and actually hold him in my arms. It's still 3 months away until we get to see him, so I will have to live with pictures from others until then.

Melia Alexander said...

Awesome, Maggie! Congratulations!

Jamie Brazil said...

Congratulations! Take lots of pix in October!

Maggie Jaimeson said...

Thanks Melia and Jamie. I will definitely take lots of pics in October and then foist them on all my peeps. :)