Monday, September 16, 2013

Early Morning Rainbow


This morning I awoke at 6:30 to rain and a dark sky that I anticipated would be indicative of the entire day.  However, as I sat at the dining table and slowly read the paper while savoring my coffee, I noticed a little sunshine peeking in the kitchen to the east. I walked out onto my west-facing deck and saw this wonderful rainbow.  It only lasted 20 minutes, but I enjoyed every second of it.

Ever since learning the story of Noah and the Ark as a child, I've always seen rainbows as filled with hope and promise.  Certainly, this morning the rainbow did that for me.  Though the rest of the day remained cloudy and rainy, I have that early morning promise still inside my head and it has carried me through the day.

4 comments:

Miss Viola said...

What a wonderful way to start the day, Maggie. ~Viola

Jessa Slade said...

So pretty! Like it was meant just for you. And other crazy early morning people, of course ;)

Maggie Jaimeson said...

It was a wonderful start, Viola, especially since I am really NOT a morning person. It almost made me think I should become a morning person. :)

Jessa, my mornings are a long slow waking up routine. It starts around 6:30 and I'm usually coherent by 10:00am.

Melia Alexander said...

I love rainbows! As a kid, whenever we were out for a car ride and one appeared, I'd insist my dad follow it to the end because I was convinced there was a pot of gold to be found. :)