Monday, November 3, 2014

Purple Stride and the Work to Cure Pancreatic Cancer


This past Saturday I attended the Purple Stride event in downtown Portland with my husband and one of the bands he plays in, Cat House. The female singer helped organize the event and asked Cat House to play. It was a special request for her, as her husband died of pancreatic cancer two years ago.

I have to admit, until this event, I really didn't know that pancreatic cancer research had a public fundraiser like this. We all know of the pink ribbons and walks/runs for breast cancer, but I'd never heard of the purple ribbons and fundraising for pancreatic cancer. Another surprise for me was that there were survivors at the event. I've always thought of pancreatic cancer as a death sentence.

If you want to learn more, check out their website and consider giving a donation. You can donate at any time. It doesn't have to be at a big event.  I'll also leave you with a pic from the band.






No comments: